Marie Osmond: 5 Things To Know About Singer Who Replaced Sara Gilbert On ‘The Talk’
Sept. 09, 2019
Marie Osmond officially replaced Sara Gilbert on ‘The Talk’ during the show’s 10th season premiere on Sept. 9, and she proved she already fits in well by opening up about her life with touching stories.
It’s official! Marie Osmond , 59, replaced Sara Gilbert , 44, on the hit daytime show, The Talk during the show’s exciting season 10 premiere on Sept. 9 and it was a refreshing sight to see! Marie sat alongside new co-hosts Eve , 40, Sheryl Underwood , 55, Sharon Osbourne , 66, and Carrie Ann Inaba , 51, who joined The Talk as a replacement for former host Julie Chen , 49, in January 2019. The brunette beauty couldn’t hold back her bright smile as she sat at the table and was greeted with a warm welcome by the studio audience. She didn’t hold back on sharing some personal stories either, which the hosts are known to do in relation to the topic their discussing that day. One of the topics discussed in her debut show was shame and Marie chose to discuss the difficult repercussions she received from some people after she chose to go back to work a week after her 18-year-old son Michael , who died of suicide in Feb. 2010, was laid to rest.
“You can say what you want about me, but when they start attacking your children or your family or those types of things, I think this world is into too much of this shaming thing,” she began. “For example, when my son died, I chose to go to work a week after his funeral and the people were so cruel because of me choosing to show my children they had to keep living and the things that they said hurt my children more than anything, that they would go through that.” Marie also discussed the shame she received for recently going to her daughter’s wedding since she is gay.
News that the singer would be the latest team member on The Talk was announced on May 7. “It is such a joy for me to be joining The Talk in September,” Marie said in a statement released by CBS. “After guest co-hosting and appearing as a guest on the show throughout the years, I am thrilled to now call this my day job.” Below are five things to know about the singer who has been famous for five decades.
1. Marie’s part of a showbiz family. Born in Utah in 1959, she is the only girl among nine siblings. Her brothers, including Donny and Jimmy , were part of the 1970s boy band, The Osmonds, which had hits with songs like “Crazy Horses” and “Love Me For A Reason.”
2. She had her own popular show with her older brother Donny, who is now 61. The former teen heartthrob and his younger sister had their own variety TV series in the mid’70s called, fittingly, Donny & Marie . They also recorded together and were well known for their signature song, “A Little Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock ‘N Roll.” Donny and Marie have been performing together as a duo for decades and even had a successful 11-year Las Vegas residency, which will end in November 2019.
3. Her son Michael Blosil’s suicide is the ‘hardest thing’ she’s been through. Marie had eight children – four boys ( Brandon , Matthew , Michael and Stephen ) and four girls, ( Abigail , Brianna , Jessica and Rachael ) who were born between 1982 and 2002. Sadly, Michael died in February 2010 when he was just 18. “I’ve been through some tough things in my life,” Marie told Oprah Winfrey on ABC eight months later. “This is probably the hardest thing I’ve been through.”
4. Marie has been a NutriSystem spokesperson since 2007. The mom-of-eight credits the meal replacement plan with helping her to lose 50 pounds .
5. She married her husband Steve Craig twice. Steve and Marie first wed in 1982, but the couple called it quits three years later in 1985. Marie went on to marry again, getting hitched to second husband Brian Blosil in 1986. Sadly, they divorced in 2007. Steve and Marie reconnected and secretly dated for two years before remarrying in a surprise wedding in Las Vegas in 2011, according to ABC News .
Warm Winter Has Leaves in the Southeast Popping Out Way EarlyOntario signs funding deal with Ottawa for French-language university in TorontoIndia: Bomb recovered from Mangaluru airport, defused safelyERIK-GONE: Tottenham Midfielder Christian Eriksen Set For Inter Milan MedicalHigh Court Dismisses Former Employee’s Libel Suit Against Eunisell Ltd