POLICE CONFIRM 12 PEOPLE DEAD AS RESULT OF XENOPHOBIA ATTACKS IN SA
Sept. 09, 2019
JOHANNESBURG – The police have confirmed that 12 people have been killed during the recent outbreak of xenophobic violence in the country.
Police Minister Bheki Cele, however, said that this number could change once investigations into the conditions under which they died were concluded.
The minister also said that a total of 639 people had been arrested for various offenses over the last few weeks that the looting and violence had occurred.
“The number is 12 but people in South Africa, they still get murdered, so with that period what helps us to finalise is an investigation into how it happened. The number might go down if we continue with our proper investigations but the number, for now, is 12.”
Transfer news and football gossip: Beckham eyes Man City duo for Inter Miami, Manchester United make Fernandes breakthrough, Grealish makes decision ......Crews knock down fire at Las Vegas high-rise apartment complexConversion of non-van der Waals solids to 2D transition-metal chalcogenidesCrews At Scene Of Structure FireCameroon separatists step up violent campaigns to stop elections in their territory. » WestAfrica24.com