Details emerge in toddler's tragic choking death
Jan. 18, 2020
SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. (CBS46) -- The 2-year-old was having her afternoon snack at Primrose School at Sandy Springs North when she began to choke.
Daycare staff quickly sprang into the action to clear the child's passageway. Little Caroline, who has special needs was not breathing when first responders arrived; she was on the ground, not responsive and had a blue-gray color.
She was rushed to the hospital where she succumbed to her injuries December 16th.
According to the incident obtained by CBS46, staff members gave her cheese sticks and juice before she started choking.
SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. (CBS46) – Two-year-old Caroline Thome would have turned three last Sunday…
The American Academy of Pediatrics says choking can be prevented. They identified “mechanical airway obstruction” as the leading cause of unintentional death for children younger than one, and the fourth deadliest for children ages 1 to 9 (surpassed by motor-vehicle deaths, drowning and fire/burns).
They also say it's best to keep the following foods away from children younger than 4 years:
Nuts and seeds
Chunks of meat or cheese
Hard or sticky candy
Chunks of peanut butter
Chunks of raw vegetables
I switched from Surface Book 2 to Surface Pro X. Here's why.Minor gain for Ghana in latest Fifa World RankingsCouple Opens Bigfork's First Pet Supply StoreBorussia Dortmund’s teenage trio of Erling Haaland, Jadon Sancho and Giovanni Reyna could all have played for EnglandHow to Work Through a Sore Groin