Homes evacuated after wheelie bin fire sparks gas alert
Jan. 19, 2020
People were evacuated from homes on a Wolverhampton street after fire spread to a gas pipe.
Two houses were evacuated after a fire was started in a wheelie bin near to one of the homes.
Flames spread to a nearby gas pipe prompting a crew from Wolverhampton Fire Station to attend.
Firefighters arrived in North Green, in Upper Penn, at 7.30am and the road was blocked off.
Residents sheltered in neighbours' homes while firefighters dealt with the incident, said West Midlands Fire Service.
No one was injured.
The crew managed to extinguish the fire and have handed over to gas engineers from the supplier, Cadent Gas.
Some external damage has been caused to the property and the bin has been destroyed.
Crews have now left the street and North Green has reopened.
Can Mamelodi Sundowns Secure A Historic Win Against Al Ahly45 Vintage Bodybuilding Photos From the Early 1900sIt's Today! Museveni Meeting With Kagame Cristiano Ronaldo scores record-equalling goal on 1,000th senior game while Erling Haaland scores 40th goal of the seasonNYSC male Corper sets good example of governance, builds borehole for a community in Bauchi (Photos)