A Lizard Drowned In This Guy’s Beer So He Performed Mouth-To-Mouth On It
faith Godwin Emado
Feb. 13, 2020
Spoiler alert: The lizard lived.
Beer pairs well with a lot of things: pizza , pretzels , more beer . What it doesn't pair well with is a gecko, which is exactly what happened to pop into the drink of an Australian man who was out enjoying some pints with his friends. Instead of freaking out as I (and many others!!) would likely do, he gave the gecko CPR. And it lived.
The man, who goes by Slab, according to The Daily Mail , was out with a few friends at The Amble Inn in Corindi Beach in Australia. He left the table to go have a cigarette and when he came back, he spotted the critter in his drink.
He asked the waitstaff if it was a prank, but they said it must have happened by accident. From the photos on The Amble Inn's website , it looks like there are some outdoor seating areas and a pretty open floor plan, so a gecko finding its way into his glass isn't too far-fetched.
Obviously, geckos are not underwater animals and by no means belong in beer but instead of freaking out or speaking to the manager, Slab decided he wanted to save the lil guy ,so he started performing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on it. Mouth-to-mouth on...the lizard. In a video of the whole ordeal, he uses a single index finger to press ever so slightly on the lizard's chest, and with his friends cheering him on in the background, he brings the lizard up to his mouth and, well, blows into its mouth like CPR.
Miraculously, the gecko starts moving in his hand and was up and at 'em once again. You can watch it all go down here . Unclear if Slab ended up getting a new beer or finishing the old one, but I'm sure him and the boys drank a couple more in celebrating of saving the four-legged dude's life. A day in the life, I guess!