Log inLog Out
For YouNewsEntertainmentRelationshipLifestyleSportTechnology
Manchester United told Bournemouth they have ’15 minutes to accept £25million offer for Josh King, or we’ll get someone playing in China’

Jeremiah

Feb. 17, 2020

Manchester United reportedly gave Bournemouth a window of just 15 minutes to accept a £25million offer for striker Josh King.
The Red Devils were linked with a number of strikers in January, including King, who played for Man United at youth level.
However, King left Old Trafford having not made a single appearance in the Premier League for the club.
King has since reinvented himself as a decent top flight striker and has scored against them a few times including during a victory over the Red Devils earlier this season.
There were reports that the Norway international felt ‘ used and messed about ‘ following Man United’s failure to get him.
And more details about this saga have now emerged with Ed Woodward allegedly telling the Cherries that Man United would sign ‘a player from China’ if an agreement wasn’t made.
Sports Bar team disagree over Ed Woodward's role in Man United's failings
The Athletic claims that Woodward told Bournemouth chief executive Neill Baker: “You have 15 minutes to tell us whether you accept, or we’ll be signing a player from China.”
Bournemouth did not accept the offer in time, leading to Man United turning their attentions to former Watford frontman Odion Ighalo.
Ighalo, 30, duly signed for Man United on Deadline Day from Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua.
It’s understood Man United were in such a rush to sign the Nigeria international that he did not even undergo a medical.
Ighalo has not been allowed to train with his new team-mates since he arrived in Manchester United amidst coronavirus fears.
But he could make his Man United debut for their Premier League trip to Chelsea on Monday night.
0
Comments
Sign in to post a message
You're the first to comment.
Say something
Recommend
Log in