Two Dead As Rwandan Police Open Fire On Persons That Defied Lockdown Orders
March. 26, 2020
Rwandan police are said to have shot and killed 2 people who took for granted orders asking them to stay indoors or self isolates in other to curb the spread of the novel COVID-19 virus fast spreading all over the world.
According to News Agency Bloomberg, the deceased are two men in their 20s who “attempted to tussle with officers”.
The Rwandan National Police Spokesperson, John Bosco Kabera told Bloomberg in a video interview that on Wednesday, March 25, 2020 that the Government issued a two-week lockdown on 22 march 2020 which restricts everybody from going outside their homes.
He said “ The Government issued a two week lockdown in the whole country in order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. Everyone is expected to stay indoors. That is the measures we are taking aside tracing people believed to be infected with the virus before entering the country but some people took the lockdown for granted and when the police asked them to go back home, they refused and thus resulted in the tussle which led them to their untimely death”.
The East African nation is one of the African countries with the most strict rules. So far the country has recorded 40 positive COVID-19 cases.
Coronavirus: Twitter boss pledges $1bn for relief effortCoronavirus: Students angry at empty rooms rent chargeEssex lorry deaths: Driver Maurice Robinson admits manslaughterCoronavirus: Fifteen die in care home during pandemicStop dating men from the East, eat their money and run away – Lady advises