Jarrell Miller was 'expelled' by WBC for not enrolling in governing body's drug testing program
July. 01, 2020
Jarrell Miller had been 'expelled' by the WBC for not enrolling in the governing body's drug testing program for three years, WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman has confirmed.
The American heavyweight has been removed from a scheduled Las Vegas fight against Jerry Forrest in July after reports of a failed drug test , with co-promoters Top Rank confirming that Miller would be placed on temporary suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
'Big Baby' Miller was set to resume his unbeaten 24-fight career, but the WBC has stated that he was ineligible for its rankings after failing to take part in the 'WBC clean boxing program'.
Sulaiman told Sky Sports : "Miller specifically, he was expelled from the WBC, because he failed to enrol in the clean boxing program. Not once, but twice."
Asked if Miller could fight for a WBC title in the future, Sulaiman said: "I don't speculate. I don't like to - what if.
"What I can say is that he's been out of the WBC picture for three years, because we did not consider him to be eligible for rankings, because he did not enrol in the clean boxing program.
"When he was first ranked. We sent them the documents. He had three months to fill three pieces of paper, and he failed to do so. Then somehow they claimed they didn't have the papers, so we rang him again and sent them the paper, and he didn't submit twice, so he has been expelled from the WBC for three years."
The WBC's top 15 ranked fighters in each weight class are asked to take part in the 'clean boxing program', which requires random, year-round unannounced testing for performance enhancing drugs and other prohibited methods in a program to be administered by VADA.
Miller had tested positive for banned substances before a world title fight with Anthony Joshua last July, and Andy Ruiz Jr was instead brought in as a replacement for the British star's US debut in New York.
The 31-year-old is co-promoted by Dmitriy Salita, who is awaiting a final ruling from the NSAC.
Also See: WBC backs Fury over 'ridiculous' glove claims 'Miller drug test reports shocking'
In a statement at the weekend, Salita said: "I am disappointed. I was looking forward to July 9th and Jarrell's return to the ring. This news is shocking to me as well.
"Hopefully soon we will find out more facts. As [Top Rank promoter] Bob Arum said, we're all going to be guided by the decision of the Nevada Athletic Commission."
Nigerian men want me to be their personal porn star because i am from Calabar — Actress Inem PeterVideo: Akuapem Poloo Finally Gives Reasons Why She Went Nakked On Social MediaVideo and Photos of a 56-yr-old man who was caught having s*x with his 7-yr-old niece“3FC”: Fans mock Chelsea for losing to West Ham after unveiling “3” as new shirt sponsorVideo of Shatta Bandle seriously managing the backside of Hajia 4real whiles Dancing goes viral