Log inLog Out
For YouNewsEntertainmentRelationshipLifestyleSportTechnology
TRAGEDY! Nigerian Soldier Kills Newly Married Superior Who Denied Him Approval To Visit His Family [PHOTOS]

Deen

July. 30, 2020

A soldier of the Nigerian army’s 202 battalion in Bama, Borno state, has murdered a lieutenant who denied him pass to pay his family a visit, Scooper has learnt.
A pass is a written permission to be away from one’s military unit for a limited period of time, and with the army’s Operation Lafiya Dole, it could be for seven, 10 or 14 days.
TheCable citing sources with direct knowledge of the incident reported that the soldier had requested a pass to visit his family over an urgent matter, and when he was turned down on Wednesday, he fired shots at the lieutenant who is the battalion’s adjutant responsible for administrative matters.
Another report, reveals the name of the killed military officer as Lieutenant Babakaka Shehu Ngorgi.
Ngorgi got married seven months ago (December 2019).
“The soldier joined the army in the 2016 intake and had since been deployed to fight Boko Haram in the north-east. This time, he had been in duty post for almost 12 months and he wanted that pass by all means,” a military source in Bama is quoted as saying by TheCable. 
“Normally, you apply for a pass by filling the form and then you submit to the adjutant who is the battalion administrative officer. It is the adjutant that will now make recommendations and forward to the commanding officer for approval. 
“The soldier was denied the pass by the adjutant, and that was when he got angry and decided to kill him. He opened 36 rounds on the officer, killing him instantly.” 
Another source said the soldier was due for a pass having spent more than the required three months which makes him eligible. 
“You can apply for a pass after three months, but the problem we have in this operation is that the superiors will be telling you that we don’t have enough manpower. So, a lot of soldiers are always denied pass,” he said. 
The Alleged Killer
He added that the pass is only given when the soldier has to attend to critical matters like loss of parents or loved ones. 
A military commander had on Tuesday also admitted that they have limited manpower to fight.  
When contacted, Sagir Musa, army’s spokesperson, said he would get on the matter and share details at an appropriate time.
Meanwhile, friends have gone on various social media platforms to mourn Ngorgi.
'We Don't Have Enough Manpower To Tackle Ongoing Southern Kaduna Killings' - Nigerian Military Confesses
Scooper recalls that Chukwuemeka Okonkwo, commander of operation safe haven in Kaduna, said on Tuesday that the military does not have enough manpower to tackle the crisis ravaging the southern part of the state. 
Hundreds of people have been killed in various local governments of Southern Kaduna in the past couple of years howbeit, there have been unprecedented offensives in recent weeks.
The killings have continued despite the deployment of various military teams to the area.
One of such latest killings occurred on last Sunday when armed men stormed communities in Kaura Local Government Area. At least 16 people were killed in that attack, residents say.
Speaking with reporters after a security meeting presided over by Nasir el-Rufai, governor of Kaduna, Okwokwo said the military is strategising on how to boost security.
The commander said more soldiers will be deployed in the area to tackle the “criminal elements” responsible for the killings and destruction in the area.
“What we have were attacks on some communities and reprisal attacks. You have Kataf youths, Fulani militias and the criminal elements of both sides,” Okonkwo said.
“Any incident is enough to spark off crisis in that area; there have been lingering disputes and animosities, banditry and cattle rustling there.
“We have reviewed our operations. We are going to close ranks. We are going to be more robust in the days to come. If one or two attacks took place, three were prevented. If you know the area very well, the communities are far and dispersed, they are several kilometres apart from each other. The terrain is difficult to access with vehicles.
“And we have limitation of manpower but of course you know that we are committed. But be that as it may, we are going to get more troops. We are strategising, we will deploy as much as possible to shorten our response time. Perhaps, we used to respond a bit late, but if we had not responded, we could have had more casualties.”
The commander called on communities in Southern Kaduna to embrace peace, adding that a conducive atmosphere will be created for them to meet, dialogue and resolve issues amicably.
Earlier, Nasir el-Rufai, the governor, said his administration has done everything within its constitutional powers to bring peace to the area.
‘’We answered the decades old demand for a permanent military base by working with the Federal Government to deploy a forward operating base of the Nigerian Army in Kafanchan,” he said.
“Our government purchased an estate to provide accommodation for a permanent mobile police squadron in the area. Also, deployed in area are troops from Operation Safe Haven and Nigerian Army Special Forces, complemented by two mobile police squadrons.”
More Photos of late Lieutenant Ngorgi:
'This Is HELL, We Made Mistake Coming Here,' 1000 Nigerian Ladies Beg FG To Evacuate Them From Lebanon   
0
Comments
Sign in to post a message
You're the first to comment.
Say something
Recommend
Log in