MUST SEE: Tyson Fury Defies UK Government Ban, Goes To Drink Beer In A Bar
March. 18, 2020
British boxer Tyson Fury clearly has no inclination to follow the government's advice on avoid public spaces during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Tyson Fury disobeyed the British government’s coronavirus guidelines by heading to the pub to celebrate St Patrick’s Day, despite the widespread efforts to avoid the spread of the deadly virus.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson used his first daily press conference on Monday to urge the public not to attend any social gatherings, in particular at pubs and bars, in an effort to contain the spread of Covid-19.
The social distancing approach came as the United Kingdom’s coronavirus death toll rose to 71 on Tuesday night, with medical predictions expecting the number to continue to rise sharply unless these drastic measures are followed.
The heavyweight boxing champion visited his local pub on Tuesday to celebrate St Patrick's Day.
With a pint of Guinness in hand, Fury was joined by his fighting cousin Isaac Lowe - and an almost life-size portrait of himself.
Fury poses besides a life-sized cut-out of himself
The Uk government had cautioned just 24 hours earlier that people should avoid pubs, restaurants and theatres as the coronavirus pandemic drags on.
The outbreak has led to the death of over 7,500 people worldwide and much of Europe is in lockdown.
But Fury's relaxed demeanour suggests he has no worries about either the virus or the UK Anti-Doping's new investigation into his failed drugs test in 2015.
Fury and his cousin Hughie initially tested positive for nandrolone five years earlier, which they said was as a result of eating uncastrated wild boar meat, citing a farmer called Martin Carefoot who claimed to have given them the product.
After a costly and extended stand-off with UK Anti-Doping, Fury and Hughie both received two-year bans and were able to resume their careers in December 2017.
But in a Mail on Sunday report, Carefoot denied having given the Fury team the boar meat, insisting he was offered £25,000 to make up the story in order to aid their case.
Fury's promoter Frank Warren, who was not involved at the time, said he had previously been sent letters by Carefoot.
He added: "Tyson has never ever met this man and his story is total bulls***."
And World Boxing Council president Sulaiman said the new allegations were irrelevant in regard to Fury's right to continue to hold the organisation's sanctioning belt.
He said: "Personally, I prefer to believe Tyson Fury ahead of someone who has already admitted to lying in legal documents for financial gain.
"The person who has claimed he accepted money to lie should be the one on trial, in my personal opinion, especially when he has waited five years to tell his story.
"Secondly, around this time Tyson was not involved with the WBC, he did not fight Klitschko for the WBC belt, it was for other titles, so this issue does not impact on him being our heavyweight world champion."