Liverpool to battle Inter Milan for £30m-rated Argentine midfielder this summer
March. 02, 2021
- The Reds are ready to offer a bid of £26m as against the £30m placed on the player by his club
- Jurgen Klopp is hoping to bring him to Anfield as a replacement for want-away Wijnaldum
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates !
Premier League defending champions Liverpool are reportedly leading the race to land Udinese star Rodrigo De Paul this summer.
Jurgen Klopp has not been able to convince the 30-year-old to sign an extension with his current deal running out at the end of this season.
Meanwhile, Daily Mail reveals that the Udinese will listen to offers of about £30 million from his prospective suitors but the Merseyside outfit is planning to make an initial bid of £26m.
The club's sporting director Pasquale Marino earlier this month confirmed several interests for the Argentine despite having a deal with them until 2024. He told Italian broadcaster Radio 24 that keeping him might be impossible.
"He has characteristics that many top clubs in Europe are missing. I hope it doesn't happen, but whoever signs him next summer will raise their team to a different level."
De Paul himself has told the club's website at some point that he is not sure of his future but insisted he will give his best till he leaves them.
"I don't know when my last day here will be. I will give everything for Udinese until that moment. There were many rumours about my future in January, but I immediately met the director to tell him I wanted to go nowhere.
"I closed doors for everyone, my daughter was born here, and my son is going to be born here, he will be Friulano."
Though they won their Champions League rounds of 16 first-leg clash against RB Leipzig on February 16, they had lost all four of their EPL meetings in the month under review.
However, two second-half goals from Curtis Jones and Kean Bryan (own goal) powered the Reds to their only English topflight win this month.