What DP Ruto Told Naked Turkana Children In Viral Photo
May. 14, 2019
Dennis Itumbi has revealed what Deputy President William Ruto discussed with children in varying states of nudity and their parents in Turkana County.
He was flying in a helicopter when he spotted some homes on his wat from inspecting a water project, and ordered the pilot to land.
In a late-night Facebook post, Itumbi revealed that the DP discussed with the families of Mr Ekomolo and Ekebe their plight and how it will be addressed.
They told the deputy president through translators as they could not speak Swahili, according to the post, their desire to have water close to them so that they don't have to trek for long distances as they do.
Ruto then told them that a solution to the water problem was in the offing even though it would take some time.
Mr Ekomolo and Ekebe told the DP that it was difficult for their kids to attend school as the nearest school was six hours away.
Also discussed was where the families do their shopping.
After the conversation, Dr Ruto gave the families some money to do some shopping.
Itumbi revealed that the families did not seem to know who Dr Ruto was nor understand the idea of a deputy president.
"Yesterday in Turkana, DP William Ruto went to inspect the MOGILLA ( NASIKIRIA) DAM WATER SUPPLY PROJECT. He spoke about the importance of the project and had an interaction with residents ( I will share a video later) As he flew back, about 30-40KM from where the Dam is being constructed he spotted some homes on a large plain field, that is between Turkana West Constituency and a neighbouring country. It is at this point, where he met the families of Mr Ekomolo and Mr Ekebe Lowoos. It was unplanned and completely impromptu. That is not even important.
1. The two men and their families could not speak Swahili.
2. So obviously, the Governor and Local MP turned translators.
3. One more thing, they did not know who Ruto was. The Governor and Local MP explained to them he was a big man. A Deputy President. They did not know of such a post. So they were quickly taught who a President and DP are.
4. Then a conversation started. First they did not have an ID, so do not even ask about Huduma Namba.
5. They did not have water. They told Ruto who spoke to them via translators that two members of the household had gone to fetch water near the Nasikiria Dam (30-40km) away - a journey that took a day...They also mentioned they do their shopping in a nearby shopping centre, a journey made once a month."
Our interest is not the ID, or school" They told the DP, :The nearest school from here is 6 hours away, it is impossible to take these children to school.
"Our focus is to live, to love each other and to ensure our children and families are protected, if we only got water at a closer place, we would be very happy and that would solve all our problems"
SOLUTIONS1. DP explained to them a solution was being constructed through the Water project, that would ensure water was piped to their households.
2. DP explained that the dam, would take sometime to build.
3. As an immediate measure, DP got Rift Valley Water Services Board to agree to advertise for three water boreholes in the area to ensure that residents get water. RVWS said that they would advertise in today / tomorrow newspapers and ensure that is done.
4. He asked the MP and Governor to seek solutions to the issue of school and he would assist them achieve the dream of a school that would secure the future of the children he interacted with and others.
5. He gave the families some money to use for shopping, " Itumbi's post read partly.
Leicester boss Rodgers isn't surprised Maguire makes excellent start at Man UtdParty like 007 – The iconic Casino Royale yacht from the 2006 James Bond hit is available for charterThe Only 13 Countries Passed Through by the EquatorHugh Laurie To Front BBC One Political Thriller 'Roadkill' From 'Collateral's David Hare – EdinburghWakenya watoa maoni kuhusu mipango ya sensa