Log inLog Out
For YouNewsEntertainmentRelationshipLifestyleBusiness
BREAKING NEWS: Iran Attacks US Military Bases In 'Revenge' For Commander's Killing

Deen

Jan. 08, 2020

The Iranian military launched 22 missiles on the United States military bases in Iraq in first major retaliation for the killing of General Qasem Soleimani, its top military commander in an airstrike ordered by President Donald Trump last week.
The missile attacks targeted two Iraqi bases that hold US troops.
There are no official reports of any US casualities just as the Iraqi government confirmed no casualities from its side, but assessment of the level of damage continues, according to security sources on ground.
President Trump tweeted in reaction to the retaliation that  "All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning."
The attack comes days after the US killed top Iranian General Qasem Soleimani in an airstrike in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad. 
The administration has sought to cast that strike as an attempt to de-escalate tensions with Iran, but Tehran has vowed revenge for the killing, which it says was an "act of war" and "state terrorism."
In a statement, the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, an elite wing of the Iranian military that is also known as the IRGC, said the attacks were "hard revenge" for the death of Soleimani. 
The IRGC said in the statement that any country housing US troops could be subject to "hostile and aggressive acts" and called on American citizens to demand the government remove US troops from the region.
"To the Great Satan ... we warn that if you repeat your wickedness or take any additional movements or make additional aggression, we will respond with more painful and crushing responses," the statement to the US read.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Twitter that the response was meant to be proportionate to the American attack that killed Soleimani.
"Iran took & concluded proportionate measures in self-defense under Article 51 of UN Charter targeting base from which cowardly armed attack against our citizens & senior officials were launched," Zarif tweeted. "We do not seek escalation or war, but will defend ourselves against any aggression."
VIRAL VIDEO: Boeing Ukrainian passenger plane crashes in Iran on Wednesday
0
Comments
Sign in to post a message
You're the first to comment.
Say something
Recommend
Log in