SHOCKER! Buhari's Minister Announces School Feeding Programme Continues Despite Closure Of Schools
March. 31, 2020
Sadiya Farouq, Nigeria's Minister of Humanitarian Affairs has announced that the federal government's school feeding programme continues despite the closure of schools nationwide.
130897 READ: INTERESTING!! Ooni Of Ife Oba Ogunwusi Claims He Has 'Tested' Cure For Coronavirus, Provides Recipe [VIDEO}
Ms. Farouq made this known on Monday while speaking at the briefing held by the Presidential Task Force in Abuja.
She said, “In paragraph 50 of Mr President’s speech, he directed that our ministry works with the relevant state governments in developing a strategy on how to sustain the school feeding programme."
“We will be doing this and I have already started contacting the governors on agreeing on the modalities to adopt.
“I have accordingly contacted the programme heads of the programme. This particular task may have to go beyond the affected states because as we are aware, all schools are closed down and children are at home.
“So, we are looking at modalities to see how we will extend this directive beyond the states where the lockdown has affected."
Scooper had earlier reported how the Minister also announced at the briefing that FG had commenced cash transfer to poorest families across the nation.
“In Mr. President’s speech, paragraph 54, he directed that the conditional cash transfer should be given in advance of two months. This we have also done. We have directed immediate cash transfer to the poorest and most vulnerable households in the country,” she said.
She added, “Because of this COVID-19, the vulnerable groups have to expanded, because we are aware that there are people who live on daily wage, so we are also going to look at those groups of people to see how we can get this food relief intervention to them in this period.”
She further stated that the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has deployed trucks of relief materials to states affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
But some Nigerians on Twitter appeared to be filled with serious doubts just as they tag the supposed relief efforts as yet another avenue for embezzlement.
They are demanding to see the demographic data of those considered entitled for the relief package, how they were selected and proof of cash tranfer to them and receipt by the beneficiaries.
They claim it is impossible for the government to make such transfer because no database exists for the poorest households in the country just as they are less likely to possess bank account amongst others.
READ ALSO: BOOM! Nigerians Exhume Video Of Gov Makinde Mocking Coronavirus At PDP Rally Before Testing Positive
WATCH: Let No One Politicize Coronavirus-- ExSenator Dino Melaye Tells Opposition Parties, Nigerians
SHOCKING: ‘NCDC Has An Agenda To Spread COVID-19 Across Nigeria’ – Kogi Govt.Coronavirus: Deaths at lowest level since MarchPremier League: Clubs to meet to discuss premature finish plansGeorge Floyd death: Hundreds protest in Trafalgar SquareStart shopping for Buhari’s replacement, he has failed woefully – Bamgbose tells Nigerians